The programmes are designed to develop reflective professionals who are armed with a repertoire of basic teaching models, strategies and skills that they can apply to the range of learner needs that they will encounter in the classroom.
Participants are also challenged to be innovative problem solvers who are flexible and have a positive orientation to change.
To this end, participants are challenged to commit themselves to continuous and life-long learning.
Associate Degree in Education – Primary and Early Childhood
A minimum of 5 passes at CXC General Proficiency Grades I, II or III; OR 5 O’Level subjects including:
- English A
- Social Studies, History or Geography,
- Science – Integrated Science or Human & Social Biology or Agricultural Science or Pure Science
- One (1) additional subject
Candidates for Mature Entry
All applicants seeking admission under the MATURE Entry provision (must be over age of 30) must undergo an assessment process to establish clear evidence of their competence in the field.
As part of the assessment process, you are required to submit a portfolio, which documents your competences or accomplishments. This portfolio should include the following documents:
- Samples of your work over the three-year period immediately preceding your application
- Evidence of observations or assessments which track your growth and development over the past three (3) years in your content knowledge
- A written 500-word essay which outlines how your life’s history has shaped your vision of your role as an educator
- At least two (2) letters of recommendations from professional educator(s) and persons who have supervised you in your area of competence. This should include your Principal and/or Education Officer.
- Any other relevant documents
Associate Degree in Education Secondary (Regular)
The minimum entry qualifications shall be five (5) CSEC subjects at General Proficiency Grades I, II, or III, or the equivalent “O” level passes, including English Language.
In addition, specific entry requirements for specialization in the various subject areas will be:
- “A” level, or CAPE – 2 Units or an Associate Degree in the specialist subject (Major)
- “A” level, or CAPE – 2 Units or an Associate Degree in the specialist subject (Minor)
N.B. “A” level or CAPE – 2 Units or an Ass. Degree in Geography, History or Sociology for Social Studies major or minor
Associate Degree in Education Secondary (Technical and Vocational Education and Training TVET)
The Industrial Arts and Home Economics components of the TVET programmes may be pursued by teachers from both primary and secondary levels. The minimum entry qualifications for these programmes shall be five (5) CSEC subjects at General Proficiency Grades I, II, or III, or the equivalent “O” level passes, including English Language, Mathematics and at least one subject related to the programme to be pursued.
|Forms||Tuition/Fees (201516 - Full Programme Costs)|
201718 Application period has ended
(2-years partial government scholarship)
(2-years non-government scholarship)
*All Fees are subject to change during the course of study.
View all Tuition & Fees.